It's true! The whole "nesting" instinct has officially kicked in. I didn't think I would ever get the organizing/scrubbing/crafting/sewing bug. It has now arrived. And is specifically personified in lots of ruffles.
I'm one of those people who's never met a ruffle I didn't like. Scary, I know.
favorite Mormon blogger mamas, Sara (see her tutorial here) on the subject of ruffling (I have no problem being a ruffian in general).
Step 1: Rip open your new cutting mat/rotary blade with glee (you can also do this project WHILE watching Glee--but will probably take much longer).
2. Grab a basic tee or tank top that needs some sprucing.
3. Cut some strips from fabric scraps with your awesome new rotary blade. Set your sewing machine on the longest stitch, then pull the bottom thread through to create ruffles.
4. Make happy faces with the new ruffly strips.
7. Repeat with different color tee.
8. Try a more adventurous design with the ruffles. Pin. Struggle with sewing it a bit--but by lifting the pedal foot intermittantly, realize the ruffles actually can be evenly distributed.
10. Try that sucker on for size.
11. Take a side view picture for that one clamoring stalker/fan (singular). Hi Mom!