Friday, February 25, 2011

Anthro for AHEM! Stars and Fitting Room Review

Sensational much? (addendum: I actually just edited the title. too much. so sue me, 1st ammendment advocates!)

Really, this is a family-blog. The title simply refers to the uh, changes that one's um, body goes through when one has been subjected to pregnancy, a c-section, and the determination to nurse one's child, despite the inherent perils.
Changes that perhaps would allow one to be employed in the adult film industry. Or at least at Hooter's.

Anywhooo, I tried on the Sunny Soiree dress, which reminded me a bit of the Sound of Music. Part Maria and part Baroness Schraeder, but all ruffly and a bit fussy.
Can't say I loved it, especially since the fabric is just 100% cotton, so it doesn't necessarily give or sculpt or support much. 

 


Thank goodness for jersey and stretch-enabled apparel. Even though I have now upped 2 or 3 (yep! I says THREE!) cup sizes, I am able to still fit/squeeze into most of the tops that were not too structured to begin with.

Thus, leading me to believe that if I ever had another body enhancing event (pregnancy, boob job, a long and intimate encounter with Cheddar Jalapeno Cheetos), I could still keep truckin' with my present wardrobe. Hopefully.

'Course, the pants are another story.

Well, here's quick and dirty from the rest of my first fitting room review since Avery appeared on the scene (she was home with Grandma, not hanging out with the SA's. Although maybe someday?).

 Wearing into Anthro:
Anthro circa '08 sweatshirt/cardi
Anthro Tracy Reese top
F21 Stretch Olive cords
 I had to try on the Silene Tee.
 I still fit in an XS, and I love the tapered fluttery edges. It's a nice lightweight fabric, with a beautiful graphic print. However, with the darker navy edging around the neck and the lighter balance being on the bottom, I don't think this is very flattering. Still, I love the silhouette.


 I also tried on and picked up a coupla sale items. I LOVE almost anything Deletta and Edme make. These tees notwithstanding.








 Couldn't swallow the price tag on this awesome Augden sweater. I must have totally missed it when it was full price--even on sale, it's a bit of a stinker. But so beautifully knit. The only reason why it's still hanging in the sale room I'm guessing is because of a small hole near the front buttons. It fits TTS, if anyone wants it, it's at the Del Amo, CA store. 

Last item I tried on was Maeve's Wisteria Halter Dress. I think I had seen some other blogger's reviews, and thought it looked so fresh and springy in the store.
Also, I love the canvas-like neck strap detail. It looks very organic and increases the whole natural "picking daisies in a meadow" aspect of this dress. 



'Course, with the new, ahem, changes. Not very flattering. I tried on a 4, after not being able to squeeze into a 2. The dress could probably do with a more defined waistline, but that may just be me.
I found the proportions to be a bit awkward, but wish I could try this on as my pre-Avery self to make sure.
Still went home with some great buys after returning all the stuff I haven't been wearing. And had an serendipitous pair of skinny black AG cords plopped into my lap. For 10 bucks. Yeah. TEN BUCKS at Anthro. I'll tell you about it next time. I'm still reeling. And grinning.

2 comments:

  1. Going up 3 cup sizes is crazy!
    You look wonderful! Embrace those curves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. $10?!?!? What a steal!

    ReplyDelete