Friday, June 18, 2010

Just a Little Bit...

Most of us love Anthro for how it makes us feel, no? The beauty, the peace, the quirky details all give us a sense of order and relief from a world that is so chaotic and ugly.

I got a small sense of that peace when I downloaded the entire Aretha Franklin "Very Best of Aretha Franklin" album and listened to her rhythmic, perfectly soulful wailing while I bobbed my head and sipped my latest cool, refreshing beverage of choice:

Chilled organic almond milk. Don't judge. It's really good. 


And watched my favorite scene from "The Holiday." You know, when Jude Law stumbles drunkenly but charmingly into Cameron Diaz's confused, blubbering world.

Warning: sappiness and irresponsible behavior ensue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rMph8HzcDE


While my husband scurried around, cleaning the garage and putting the house back to rights, now that my in-laws are gone.

THAT'S a good Friday afternoon, folks.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, nice time to yourself! I really like Aretha's soulful groove and she is timeless. Plus, almond milk rocks and now I have to try it chilled!

    ReplyDelete