Monday, December 20, 2010

How to Wile Away a Rainy Day or Two

Hello dear friends!
     It's POURING down rain here in LA. For the last 3 days, the sky has been in a generally bad mood and either crying or spitting or just sweaty from excessively negative emotions.

     Anthro has such great books which are perfect for rainy days, listening to pitter-patter-splatter of huge raindrops as they verge on huge balls of hail. Merry Christmas, by the way!

     I loved leafing through this book. I've ordered it from Amazon for $7, instead of the $25 Anthro charges (although not available on their website). Will let you know how it goes.

      Some non-Anthro books that will definitely capture/captivate/dominate your attention for the next 4-5 days? Behold the Millenium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson. I know, I know. I'm like SO 18 months behind. I didn't want to be sucked into the popular series that EVERYONE else has read.
    
     Just like 2 years ago, when I refused to read the Twilight series, until Nalynne physically shoved the 1st one into my hands, and well, I went underground for 5 days...and have wanted to marry/breed with Edward ever since. Should anything ever happen to Chris. Hi hon! Love you!

     Back to now. Oooh boy. I guess 27 million copies and half a year on the NYT bestseller list ain't nothin' to be sneezed at.

Book 1: Took a while to get going. But then zoomed off--suspense, drama, and a strong female lead who has the emaciated body of a pre-pubescent boy and the razor-sharp mind of a world-class computer hacker. 

     The perfect company when one is alone for 2 hours of the Wynn buffet in Vegas and doesn't want to inadvertently meet eyes with a nosy waiter or pitying fellow diners.

     Who may become alarmed at the amount of food one consumes when one is 8 months along.  
 Book 2: Once one is roped mercilessly sucked into the trilogy, it's only a matter of time before one scrambles frantically for book 2.
     Which is faster moving. Which leads to faster reading. Literally finished in 24 hours.

     Yes, I love LOVE maternity leave.
 Book 3: I ignored sale day at Anthro and was totally fine. Enough said.
Happy Rainy day reading! Any other book suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment