Sunday, November 13, 2011

Birthday Haul: Doily Rug

First off, I'd like to thank those who buy things and then return them so I can have them half off. Not sure why, but this Doily Rug was 50% off in my local store, even though it's still full price online.

The moment I saw it's fancy-dancy swirls and cool greyness, I snatched it up (or pseudo-staggered under its heft and handed it over to the SA).

It's surprisingly easy to clean so far, and I love the color and design, which kind of goes with everything.

And with all my birthday Anthro gift cards and items that didn't fit (size or taste), I nabbed this sucker for about 55 bucks (about $170 in store). Whoohoo!



Of course, you will notice that it's pinned firmly under something dark and ominous--it's a farmhouse table that we bought a few weeks ago, after searching over a year at many a furniture store/outlet/estate sale.

We love it--it's rustic, hefty, organic--course, Chris almost broke his back lifting it so I could slip the rug underneath. But he's recovering nicely and the C-collar goes nicely with some of his overcoats. HA! kidding.

It's also covered in Halloween candy and baby toys, so we'll have to show it to you later.

One last happy birthday gift, from my man. A new iphone! with a much much better camera.
Before: Above (iPhone 3GS)
After: Above (iPhone 4S)
Sheesh. What a difference. And it has a FLASH?! I know I'm late to the party, but I'm still excited to be here. Whaddya mean fire's been discovered?!
 
Today, I'm going to spend the morning with my good friend, Aimee. My mom's here to babysit, Avery is standing on her own (!!) and is such a sweet girl, despite a little cold. She's finally growing into her enormous pumpkinhead.

Aimee and I are going to go on a brisk walk, eat homemade applesauce, and gab about work, married life, politics, our gardens and oh, so many things.

Enjoy your day! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment