Sunday, June 19, 2011

My First Hollywood Premiere and OOTD

Well, it's been a long time, friends. How is everyone doing? I'm good, thanks. Just reeling from our date night last night. What did we do? Glad you asked.

Let's just say that last week's date night that I had planned (with half price tickets from Fandango to Bridesmaids) paled a bit in comparison to my first Hollywood premiere where we saw Owen Wilson and stalked John Lasseter.
(I say "my first" bc C has been to stuff like this before, the weasel). 

Chris finagled tickets to the world premiere of Cars 2 at El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood. Vrooom Vrooooom!

Wearing:
Urban Outfitters Military Peplum Jacket
Anthro Burlapp dress
Anthro Espadrilles (scored at last week's tag sale)
 Well, I had to bust out my new Anthro espadrilles, now sold out online. Totally forgot the name, sorry! It's preggo brain. Yes, preggo brain continues beyond being preggo. I'll let you know when I'm back to my razor sharp self.

 Squeeeezed into this dress, and had to solicit Chris' help to zip up. Good thing I had a jacket on, since I had to unzip later on just to breathe, spending half our evening with my left armpit hanging out. It's the California casual look. And that's why I never wear shawls.

The paparazzi were totally turned the wrong way and not ONE asked me what I was wearing. RUDE. They were all too busy yelling at Owen Wilson, who had just arrived. The crowds behind the barriers were going nuts screaming his name.

 We got to walk the black carpet. Which is next to the red carpet. But they hustled us along so we wouldn't gawk at the celebrities (but I did say hi later to Larry the Cable Guy, who was there, holding his mo-hawked 3 year old).

After the movie (which was adorable yet surprisingly complex--like a kiddie Bond flick), we sauntered down to the after-party, which ended up being part-carnival, part-hugest coolest kid party ever.



 Complete with huge race tracks for kids to send their lego cars careening down.
 A full-sized Lego Lightning McQueen.
 Very cosmopolitan--with a Big Ben, Eiffel Tower, Tokyo skyline.

John Lasseter posed with the spy car, voiced by Michael Caine.
 After wandering around for a while, we stumbled upon the food. OH. MY.
 It was an embarrassment of riches. You will notice that I am clutching 2 pack of Auntie Anne's piping hot pretzel sticks, a plate of steak and chicken burritoes, a cup of short ribs and mashed potatoes, and an unfortunate bag of cotton candy that I ended up having to leave behind...
 Only because we found the Wolfgang Puck cupcake stall. Oh, Wolfie--your chocolate cupcake with vanilla frosting, and chocolate milk chaser made my evening.

 Tow-mater and Lightning McQueen were also in attendance.
By this time, we were turning into pumpkins (unlike the 500 4 year olds who kept on partying with their exhausted looking parents--all who were from the entertainment industry), so one last picture with the neon lights, and we headed home to our baby (Grandpa was babysitting).
My turn to plan date night next week. I'm thinking of netflixing "When Harry Met Sally" and having Chinese takeout. I want to keep his expectations low.

Happy Father's Day, Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment